Informative and Compassionate
PERFECT for institutions that will not allow extra support persons due to Covid-19.
* Two prenatal meetings with mother and partner to discuss priorities, fears, concerns and questions.
* Teaching and practicing labor positions and techniques.
* Tools to help your birth partner assist before and during birth.
* Resources pertinent to your needs.
* Assists with your birth plan and answers any questions.
* Meeting two or more times with mother and partner to discuss priorities, fears, questions and concerns.
( Times will be confirmed at consultation)
* Discussion of how you and your partner feel I can be most helpful during our time together.
* A reliable method for you to reach me
* Phone/Email contact as desired or needed
* Accompany you to any prenatal visits with your care provider if you wish.
* Assist with your Birth Preferences (Plan) and answering any questions regarding putting one into place.
* Meet you where you decide and stay with you throughout your labor and birth. If you decide you need some privacy, I will give you your space.
* Use my knowledge and experience to provide you with continuous physical comfort and emotional support.
* Act as a liaison between you and the staff; if it seems appropriate or necessary-establishing rapport, reminding them of your birth preferences and asking questions so you have the information necessary to make good decisions.
* Will stay with you until you are comfortable and your family is ready for quiet time together. Usually 1-2 hours after birth.
* Make sure you, husband/partner have a meal if hungry.
* Will contact you by phone to answer questions, check on your well being and arrange to get together 7-10 days after your birth.
* Will meet with you at least once after birth to review the birth experience